[Paraview] [Catalyst] true time information instead of time step

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Thu May 28 14:09:00 EDT 2015

Hi Andrew,

In your Python script the data description (called datadescription usually)
object has the time and time step information in it. You can get that with
datadescription.GetTime().

I think your best bet would be to create a pvd file (
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Data_formats#PVD_File_Format) that
contains the actual time step information to use that for animations, etc.

What was the specific issue that you had with the Catalyst generated
script? If it's a bug I'd like to try and get it fixed. Note though that
the generated scripts may not always work between versions of ParaView
(i.e. a script generated in PV 4.3 may not work with a simulation code
linked to ParaView Catalyst 4.2).

Regards,
Andy