[Paraview] Installing ParaView 4.0.1 on Nodes For Rendering Frames -Slow Rendering w/ Python

Noah Taylor haonrolyat at gmail.com
Wed May 27 16:16:53 EDT 2015

Utkarsh,

I appreciate your response. I spent this past week first trying to get the
X Server running and it seems it never worked so I gave up on that and have
turned to building ParaView with the Llvm CPU Rendering option enabled.
It's taken me a while but I believe I have all the dependencies installed
including OSMesa 9.2.2 but I don't know what to make of the CMakeLists.txt
file. The wiki isn't too clear on this part and I have no experience with
CMake.

I copied the CMakesList.txt that comes with the source files for
ParaView4.0.1 to a new source directory and have also created a new
directory for my build and followed the advice to point the ccmake to the
source while in my new build directory. I get a EMPTY CACHE message

The following ling under the Configuring ParaView for use with OSMesa,
there is a script but I don't know what to do with that. I assumed I would
need to apply it to the CMakeList.txt but the variables seem different than
what I am seeing in the second link below in the Configure ParaView With
CMake on Unix - the image in that section shows different variables and no
description on how to apply the Llvm stuff or it may and it's going over my
head.
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/ParaView_And_Mesa_3D
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:Build_And_Install

Could you give me some advice on how to use CMake so I can get a version of
Paraview with OSMesa Llvm as the source for rendering? Appreciate any
advice!

Thanks!
Noah