[Paraview] ParaView 4.3.1 client runs X out of memory

Burlen Loring burlen.loring at gmail.com
Fri May 22 16:38:40 EDT 2015

Hi Jeff,

It really sounds like you are unintentionally using X forwarding. It
could be baked into your ssh config or a bash alias.
> I see the window with the gears
if you are really doing remote rendering, you won't see the window.

you may be able to confirm accidental X forward using ssh with -vv
option. there would be a bunch of X connection messages if it was in use.

also output of glxinfo may have some useful info. When I have remote
rendering setup I see

    name of display: :0.0
    display: :0  screen: 0
    direct rendering: Yes

with ssh -X

    name of display: localhost:10.0
    display: localhost:10  screen: 0
    direct rendering: No (If you want to find out why, try setting
    LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose)

Burlen