[Paraview] ParaView 4.3.1 client runs X out of memory

Jeff Becker jeffrey.c.becker at nasa.gov
Fri May 22 15:10:26 EDT 2015

On 05/22/2015 07:28 AM, Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Can you make sure the "Remote Render Threshold" is set to 0?
It is

> Also, do you have an X server running (and accessible) on the backend
> nodes? You're not using "ssh -X" to login to the backend nodes, right?

I do start an X server on the backend (and I don't use ssh -X). However,
when I test the configuration using glxgears,
I see the window with the gears but they don't turn even though the app
tells me how many frames
it rendered every 5 seconds.

My setup goes from my desktop (with GPU) through a front-end node
(without GPU) to the backend (with GPU). Maybe some additional
configuration is needed.

It seems like I need to get glxgears working properly before I try
Paraview. What should I try? Thanks.

-jeff