[Paraview] Switching Between Readers

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue May 19 09:58:11 EDT 2015

Kevin,

Can your reader tell if it can read the file irrespective of its
extension? If so, just implement a "int CanReadFile (const char
*fname)" method on the the reader classes that will test a file. Now
you can have two reader supporting the same extension and ParaView
will create the correct reader automatically. There can be multiple
reader supporting the same extensions even without this CanReaderFile
too. In that case, ParaView will automatically popup a reader
selection dialog.

Utkarsh