[Paraview] Troubles with exporting selection labels from current ParaView render view

Nenad Vujicic nenadus at gmail.com
Sat May 16 06:54:57 EDT 2015

Hello again,

I have one another problem with the latest PV sources (v4.3.1, I used
VS2008 x64 built with most of extra packages from super-build enabled)
and creating labels. Again everything worked fine on v4.0 (and I think
v4.2), but now, not anymore .. Here is what I tried:

1. I created a source plugin which outputs on output port 0 set of
points and on output port 1 set of lines.
2. I registered handlers to catch signals sourceAdded(),
sourceCreated(), representationAdded(), representationRemoved() etc,
3. In handler for RepresentationAdded, when representation for output
port 0 (set of points) is created, I previously created
DataLabelRepresentation and initialized, but now it just reports data
representation is reported and does nothing..
4. Now, I tried to set some parameters of representation subproxy by:

// set representation's properties
pqSMAdaptor::setElementProperty(mptrPointsRepresentation->getProxy()->GetProperty("SelectionVisibility"),
true);
pqSMAdaptor::setElementProperty(mptrPointsRepresentation->getProxy()->GetProperty("SelectionPointLabelVisibility"),
true);
pqSMAdaptor::setMultipleElementProperty(mptrPointsRepresentation->getProxy()->GetProperty("SelectionPointLabelColor"),
rPointLabelColor);
pqSMAdaptor::setElementProperty(mptPointsRepresentation->getProxy()->GetProperty("SelectionPointLabelFontSize"),
iPointLabelSize);
pqSMAdaptor::setElementProperty(mptrPointsRepresentation->getProxy()->GetProperty("SelectionPointLabelFormat"),
strPointLabelFormat);
pqSMAdaptor::setElementProperty(mptrPointsRepresentation->getProxy()->GetProperty("SelectionPointLabelJustification"),
iPointLabelJustification);

// update underlying VTK objects
mptrPointsRepresentation->getProxy()->UpdateVTKObjects();

But, it still doesn't work.

Btw, when I create sphere, apply elevation and select some points
(with started tracing), I don't see any of these parameters turned ON.
I don't see anything about selected points .. Also, I noticed
selections are not preserved in state files.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Nenad.