[Paraview] File in pipeline browser has changed; best way to reload

Alex Lindsay adlinds3 at ncsu.edu
Mon May 4 18:08:04 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I am doing something that most other modellers do: I am visualizing a
file in my pipeline browser, but I ran a new simulation and now the file
I am viewing should have changed. What is the best way to reload the
file/get the new data from the file? So far my google searches have
yielded this
<http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-paraview/78129-update-data-paraview.html#post446239>
as the best result, but it seems quite clumsy.

I've seen in other places people recommend clicking on "update gui", but
I don't see that button available anywhere in my version of paraview.

Refresh times also doesn't seem to work.

As you can tell, I'm a new paraview user!

Thanks,
Alex