[Paraview] running a python script with new PV variables created with the calculator

Cihan A akcay.cihan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 13:01:53 EDT 2015

Dear Paraviewers,

I have very recently begun to use PV (been a VisItor up to this point) so
there are a lot of features with which I am not entirely familiar. I am
trying to run a python script which does some math then stream
​ ​
tracing on two vectors variables "e" and "b". My code dumps out components
of each vector field
​​
, which I read into PV
​ where they appear as point data.. I t
hen combine
​ this data​
into vectors "e" and "b" with PV's calculator feature. After this step I
run my python script from Tools->Python Shell. The script (attached it as
fieldl_line.py -- looks terrible when opened with Vim) does not get very
far and complains about various things. I attached the log file entitled
PVlog. I cannot decipher
​some of ​
these messages but I have a strong suspicion the inputs variable does not
get populated correctly or the script cannot find "e" and "b". Any ideas
where I have gone wrong? Is there an intermediate step after defining new
variables on the calculator to make the script aware of the existence of
"e" and "b". I plotted these new vector variables on PV without any issue.

Thank you very much for your time and interest.

--
Cihan

--
Cihan