[Paraview] How to use the Find Data function with a client/server connection?

Raphael Münster raphael.muenster at math.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Mar 30 07:18:22 EDT 2015

Dear ParaView mailing list members,

I am trying to use the 'Find Data' function with a remote connection to
a pvserver. I started the server with 'pvserver
--use-offscreen-rendering' and then
used my local ParaView client to connect to the server. When I try to
use the 'Find Data' option no matter what kind of query I enter it does
nothing. When
I download the data set from the server to my local machine and then run
the exact same query the 'Find Data' function works correctly and
returns a selection.

Is there a way to use the 'Find Data' function without having to copy
the data from the server to the client, as this may not be a feasible
option for all data sets. I am using Paraview 4.2.0 64bit.

Best regards,
Raphael