[Paraview] .ini File Change in Version 4.2

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Wed Mar 25 23:46:57 EDT 2015

Hi Matthew,

Settings have been revamped since version 2.4. While some still are stored
in the usual .ini file, most are now stored in a JSON file which is
described on this blog post:

http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/672

While the blog post focuses on setting custom defaults, the general
settings are stored in the same way as custom defaults.

For the Auto Apply setting, your ParaView-UserSettings.json file will need
to have at least the following:

{
   "settings" : {
      "GeneralSettings" : {
         "AutoApply" : 1
      }
   }
}

To see what you should put in your ParaView-UserSettings.json file, it is
probably easiest to set them in the ParaView GUI and then close the
program. Your ParaView-UserSettings.json file will be updated with the JSON
you need.

I hope that helps,
Cory

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 8:39 AM, Matthew Jackson <matthew.jackson at ch.abb.com
> wrote:

>  Hello,
>

> I recently started using Paraview 4.3 instead of Paraview 4.1. I notice
> that the way the settings are stored was changed in 4.2. Before, I could
> change the Auto Apply setting in the Property Panel Options by editing the
> .ini file. I also need to change a few other options. This is for an
> application I am developing that uses Paraview, and I need to set these
> settings automatically every time the application launches Paraview. Does
> anybody know how to do this in version 4.2+?
>

> Regards,
>
> Matthew Jackson

Cory Quammen
R&D Engineer