[Paraview] Issue with structured grids and extraction of boundaries with cell data

Etienne Tang etienne.tang at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 11:26:00 EDT 2015

Hello,

I'm working with a 3D structured dataset containing cell data. I tried
to extract a 2D boundary of this dataset corresponding to the maximum
index of a dimension with the Extract Subset filter and ParaView 4.3.1,
and I found an issue: the resulting dataset is incorrect. It holds cell
data from the opposite boundary (eg. if I try to extract the i = imax
boundary, I get values from i = 0 boundary), and these values are
shifted of one index in the other dimensions.

This case worked with ParaView 4.1.0, maybe it is related to this other
bug about structured data :
http://markmail.org/message/fvatgidqbvnufgi6#query:+page:1+mid:fvatgidqbvnufgi6+state:results
?

Here are some pictures showing the problem on a simple dataset which can
be used to reproduce it:
  - The simple .vts file : http://z1.gb2n.org/pv/test.vts
  - The original dataset : http://z1.gb2n.org/pv/original_dataset.png
  - The result of the ExtractSubset filter to extract the i = imax
boundary : http://z1.gb2n.org/pv/extract_subset.png

Best regards,
--
Etienne Tang