[Paraview] Temporal collection problem

Gottfried Necker Gottfried.Necker at partner.kit.edu
Mon Mar 16 14:14:40 EDT 2015

Hello again,

I have to reply to myself. On friday I wrote the following mail:
> Hello,
>
> I'm pretty new to ParaView. I'm trying to visualize a short sequence (2 time
> steps) using a Xdmf file with a temporal collection. When I open the file
> in ParaView 4.3.1 (binary for Linux x64 from paraview.org) I can see the
> first time step and display a variable using the threshold filter. Using
> the "Current Time Controls" I can go to the second time step, but the
> display does not change. On the information tab I can see that ParaView
> recognizes the 2 time steps, but when I change the time using the controls
> the "Current  data time" stays at the first time step.
>
> When I open the same file in ParaView 4.2.0 I can switch between the two
> time steps as expected and everything seems to work fine for this simple
> case. And of course the displayed image looks as expected.
>
> I've attached the XML file to this mail. If anybody is interested to try
> this, I can provide the HDF5 files too.
>
> Is there something wrong with the file(s)?

Unfortunatly I was not able to provide a simple example to demonstrate the
problem. But today I found one by modifying a Xdmf test case. The original is
TetrahedronSpatialTimestep.xmf, the modified TetrahedronSpatialTimestep-
mod.xmf. The change is in the "Value" strings for the time. I deliberately
added some decimal places. Using ParaView 4.3.1 I can step through all 3 time
steps of the original case, but only through the first 2 of the modified.

My original problem also works if the time values are truncated to 4 decimal
places.

Best regards,

Gottfried