[Paraview] Gauraud shading when reading from HDF5 file.

Feijoo, Gonzalo gonzalo.feijoo at siemens.com
Fri Mar 13 11:29:42 EDT 2015

Hello, Everyone,

How can I use normals defined at each node to visualize a triangulation using Gouraud shading? If I write my data in the .vtk format, then this is automatically done by Paraview by saving the normals in the NORMALS field within the POINT_DATA field. But how can I do this from data saved in an XDMF/HDF5 file? I mean, how would I need to specify the normals in the XDMF file for the shader to use these vectors?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Best regards,

Gonzalo R. Feijóo
Advanced projects and architecture
Specialized Engineering

Siemens Industry Sector
Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
200 Fifth Avenue
Waltham, MA  02451 United States
Tel.      :+1 (781) 907-9751
Fax      :+1 (781) 907-9880