[Paraview] PV 4.1.0: save the data saves only 1/2 of a circle

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Mar 9 13:28:45 EDT 2015

Stephen,

The CSV writer should write out all the points. I tried repeating your
instructions with ParaView 4.3.1 using both the Cylinder source and the
disk_out_ref dataset to write out data for a hollow cylinder source to a
csv file and it looks like it works fine. I can only think of the most
basic things to try:

* Are you sure your cylinder is centered in the x-y plane?  Maybe the
circle is actually sitting below the y axis. Check that with either the
cube axes or the information panel.
* Is the connectivity/threshold filters really the best way to get a
circle from a cylinder. You might consider instead to use the slice filter
to get the circle. (I don't know why that would fix any I/O issues,
though.)
* Is there any chance you can try using the latest version of ParaView. I
don't recall any such problems with the CSV reader in 4.1, but you never
know.

-Ken