[Paraview] How to hide properties in the properties panel?

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Tue Mar 3 16:18:02 EST 2015

You can set a "panel_visiblity" attribute to "never" in the property
element, .e.g.,

       <IntVectorProperty command="SetDisableResetCache"
                          default_values="0"
                          name="DisableResetCache"
                          number_of_elements="1"
                          panel_visibility="never">
         <BooleanDomain name="bool" />
         <Documentation>Prevents cache from getting reset so that new
computation
           always start from previous results.</Documentation>
       </IntVectorProperty>

HTH,
Cory

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 4:11 PM,  <anton.piccardo-selg at stfc.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been working on some ParaView plugin filters recently. I need to pass information to them and I do so by defining properties in the config xml file. I set the properties programmatically -- this works well. The properties are listed on the properties panel though, hence I was wondering if there is a way to make certain properties invisible on the panel? Is there a special flag with which I can hide some properties, such that the user will not be aware of their existence?
>
> Many thanks and best regards,
>
> Anton

Cory Quammen
R&D Engineer