[Paraview] OpenGL2 and ParaView 4.3.1 ...

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Wed Jun 17 10:22:45 EDT 2015

Yes, We have paraview working* with OpenGL2 backend. In some cases you may
run into bugs but its getting there.

on vtkHAVSVolumeMapper, what SHA of ParaView you are using? We took care of
this issue sometime back and I have not seen this error since then. Also,
what dataset (format) you are using?

Thanks,

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 10:14 AM, Stock, Mark <Mark.Stock at nrel.gov> wrote:

> Niklas,
>
> The CMake command that builds a workable Paraview 4.3.1 with OpenGL2
> backend for me is:
>
> cmake28 -DVTK_RENDERING_BACKEND=OpenGL2
> -DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=/opt/qt/4.8.5/bin/qmake
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/ParaView/ParaView-v4.3.1-OpenGL2
> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_SciberQuestToolKit=OFF
> -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_PointSprite=OFF
> -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_EyeDomeLighting=OFF
> -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_MobileRemoteControl=OFF
> -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_SurfaceLIC=OFF
> -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_UncertaintyRendering=OFF
> -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_PLUGIN_RGBZView=OFF
>
> (cmake28 because I'm on RHEL 6.5)
>
> I have not tried volume rendering yet, and it still seems to crash on some
> filters, but triangle mesh rendering is at least 20x faster. Can you turn
> off HAVS and just use the projected tetra method for volume viz?
>
> Mark

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*