[Paraview] PYTHONPATH environmental variable

Felix Salazar felix.salazar at polymtl.ca
Tue Jun 16 22:19:19 EDT 2015

Hello community,

I normally run my Paraview scripts in pvpython, so far without issues. But
I got some problems using specific Python functions (multiprocess), and
decided to switch to import paraview libraries directly within Python

I set my PYTHONPATH variable to the installation library where the files
are located. Got a few errors, and added more directories, progressively
clearing and decreasing the number of errors, until a point where I'm
getting this message

*Error: Could not import vtkCommonComputationalGeometryPython*
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pissarro/fesal/Tools/zReattachment-NP.py", line 4, in <module>
    except: from paraview.simple import *
  File
"/apps/local-linux/paraview4.01/lib/paraview-4.0/site-packages/paraview/simple.py",
line 41, in <module>
    import servermanager
  File
"/apps/local-linux/paraview4.01/lib/paraview-4.0/site-packages/paraview/servermanager.py",
line 48, in <module>
    import paraview, re, os, os.path, new, sys, atexit, vtk
  File
"/apps/local-linux/paraview4.01/lib/paraview-4.0/site-packages/paraview/vtk/__init__.py",
line 7, in <module>
    from vtkCommonCorePython import *
*ImportError: libvtkCommonCorePython27D-pv4.0.so.1: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory*

At this point my PYTHONPATH variable is:

PYTHONPATH=*/apps/local-linux/paraview4.01/lib/paraview-4.0*
:/apps/local-linux/paraview4.01/lib/paraview-4.0/site-packages/paraview/vtk:/apps/local-linux/paraview4.01/lib/paraview-4.0/site-packages:/apps/local-linux/paraview4.01/bin

And the file libvtkCommonCorePython27D-pv4.0.so.1 is in
*/apps/local-linux/paraview4.01/lib/paraview-4.0/*

Hence, that location is part of the path variable, but for some reason is
not recognized. Is there any specific or recommended order to load these
directories in the PYTHONPATH variable?

Also, if I type help('modules') in a python console, I get this error
message before the list of modules

Please wait a moment while I gather a list of all available modules...

Error: Could not import vtkCommonComputationalGeometryPython

Thanks,

*Félix Salazar**felix.salazar at polymtl.ca <felix.salazar at polymtl.ca>*
Étudiant au doctorat - PhD Student
*École Polytechnique de Montréal*