[Paraview] save 'Surface LIC' as texture

Burlen Loring burlen.loring at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 11:45:17 EDT 2015

I think it could be done if you're willing to hack into PV. There is
already some mechanism in there for sucking textures back from the gpu
and writing them to disk for debugging. It's not exactly what you need
but at least will illustrate pulling data from GPU.

a potential issue with this idea is that the result from the LIC is very
view dependent, you may be restricted to use same view settings in your
app/blender. maybe better just to write the LIC shader in blender.