[Paraview] save 'Surface LIC' as texture

Göbbert, Jens Henrik goebbert at vr.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jun 4 07:07:58 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I am using ParaView for some time now and love its representation of vector fields on surfaces by
'SurfaceLIC' (http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Line_Integral_Convolution).
Beyond that, lots of other representations of scientific data are of course simply great ....

I would like to save this textures and the geometrie (incl. texture coordinates) of the surface
to view it later in our own OpenGL virtual reality application (or Blender).

ParaView can load textures (http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:Texture),
but how can I save them ?

Does anyone has an idea ... including source code modifications, which might make things like that possible.

Best,
Jens Henrik