[Paraview] Transforming a spherical slice into a map projection

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Mon Jul 20 10:26:30 EDT 2015

Dear Marie,

You can use vtkGeoSphereTransform class to transfrom from Cartesian
(Spherical grid X,Y,Z) to Sphereical (Lat,Lon coordinates). Once you have
Lat-Lon, you can just treat them as in flat projection (Projection 4326).
This class is not exposed in ParaView, so you would have to use Python to
do the job or write a plugin for Paraview. Please let us know if you have
any questions.

Thanks,