[Paraview] How to display only certain parts of a geometry?

Alexandre Ancel alexandre.ancel at cemosis.fr
Fri Jul 10 09:16:58 EDT 2015

Hello,

If I am not wrong, loading Ensight Gold files in ParaView will be seen as a
Multi-Block Dataset in the Information section of the data. You can then
use the "Extract Block" filter to extract the different parts of the data.

Hope it helps

Best regards,
Alexandre Ancel

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Christophe Trophime <
christophe.trophime at lncmi.cnrs.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
> I wish to use Paraview to display data stored in EnSight Gold format.
> I would like to display only certain parts of the geometry.
> In EnSight it's quite easy to select the parts you want to display.
> How can I do the same in Paraview?
>
> Thanks for any hints
> Best regards
>

> Christophe TROPHIME
> Research Engineer
>
>     CNRS - LNCMI
> 25, rue des Martyrs
> BP 166
> 38042 GRENOBLE Cedex 9
> FRANCE
>
> Tel : +33 (0)4 76 88 90 02
> Fax : +33 (0) 4 76 88 10 01
> Office U 19
> M at il : christophe.trophime at lncmi.cnrs.fr

Alexandre Ancel
Docteur, Ingénieur de recherche / Phd, Research Engineer
Cemosis <http://www.cemosis.fr> - alexandre.ancel at cemosis.fr
Tel: +33 (0)3 68 8*5 02 06*
IRMA - 7, rue René Descartes
67 000 Strasbourg, France