[Paraview] How does ParaView handle local rendering of geometry computed remotely?

Krishna Pai krishnapai09 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 14:25:13 EDT 2015

Dear all:

How does ParaView handle local rendering of geometry computed remotely? In
other words, once an object has been rendered locally, and I start rotating
it with my mouse, am I manipulating a locally stored copy of the object,
and, if so, will that copy change only when I change the object’s
properties (by adding a filter, changing its coloring, etc.)?

I noticed that ParaView would freeze when I applied filters to my data set,
but would rotate smoothly once the filters had been applied.

Regards,

Krishna