[Paraview] Zooming through the ParaViewWeb API

Jordan Deyton deytonjh at ornl.gov
Mon Jul 6 18:42:12 EDT 2015

I figured out my problem. Basically, the API has an expected chain of
mouse interaction requests:

When zooming:
1 - (fired when ctrl+right-mouse is pressed)
/action/: down
/states/: buttonRight and ctrlKey should be true
/y/: should be the current, normalized zoom (something between 0 and 1)
2 - (fired when mouse moves along y-axis)
/action/: move
/states/: buttonRight and ctrlKey should be true
/y/: should be the current, normalized zoom based on the change in y
3 - (fired when scrolling stops)
/action/: up
/states/: buttonRight and ctrlKey should be false this time
/y/: should be the current, normalized zoom

When rotating:
1 - (fired when left-mouse is pressed)
/action/: down
/states/: buttonLeft is true
/x,y/: should be the current cursor location, normalized
2 - (fired when mouse moves)
/action/: move
/states/: buttonLeft is true
/x,y/: should be the current cursor location, normalized
3 - (fired when left-mouse is released)
/action/: up
/states/: buttonLeft should be false this time
/x,y/: should be the current cursor location, normalized

As long as those requests take place in the right order, everything
works as expected. Thanks for the clues, guys.

Jordan

Jordan Deyton
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Telephone: (865) 574-1091