[Paraview] .cube files in pvbatch

Insley, Joseph A. insley at anl.gov
Thu Jan 29 15:29:03 EST 2015

Hi,

I am trying to render a gaussian cube file using pvbatch, and am not having much luck.  Using the GUI, I load a .cube file, and apply the contour filter to the Gridded Data portion of the file.  I can save the state as a pvsm and reload that state using the GUI, and things work as expected.  If I instead save as a python state file, and run pvbatch with that state file, the contour is not rendered.  I suspect that this has something to do with the fact that in the pipeline browser the cube file has two outputs (called Output and Gridded Data), and pvbatch is somehow applying the contour filter to the wrong one.

I tried doing the following, which I thought should select output port 1 instead of output port 0, and indeed when I print them, I see different addresses, but the contour is still not being rendered.  Does anyone have any advice?

bk2_cube = GaussianCubeReader( guiName="bk2.cube", FileName='/sandbox/bk2.cube' )
print "bk2_cube: ", bk2_cube
cube_port1=servermanager.OutputPort(bk2_cube, 1)
print "cube_port1: ", cube_port1

Thanks,
joe