[Paraview] Multiple scalar dropdown menus in object panel, PV 3.14.1

Vanmoer, Mark W mvanmoer at illinois.edu
Thu Jan 29 10:30:59 EST 2015

Hi Paraview,

This is for a ParaView 3.14.1 plugin. I have an object panel gui with two dropdown menus for selecting scalars. I tried following the example from this older list thread:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview-developers/2011-February/000947.html

The menus show up correctly in the object panel, and are populated with the expected scalar names. However, only one of the scalars is getting placed into the inputVector because inside RequestData, The second call to GetInputArrayToProcess is returning null. I have

vtkDataArray* scalar1 = this->GetInputArrayToProcess(0, inputVector);
vtkDataArray* scalar2 = this->GetInputArrayToProcess(1, inputVector);

scalar2 is 0x0.

I'm not very experienced with the GUI side of ParaView, so I feel like I'm missing something. I'm just writing a servermanager XML because the autogenerated layout is fine. Do I still need to do additional Qt code in order to grab that second scalar?

Thanks,
Mark