[Paraview] Writer plugin?

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Thu Jan 29 07:13:33 EST 2015

David

I used to make my writers the same as filters and even allow them to shallow copy their input to the output. Then in paraview they can appear in the filters menu and can be inserted in the middle of a pipeline and each time a render is activated, the writer would be triggered. (I used it for saving particles out from animations of advected flows). (you can check if the timestep has changed or other stuff is different and skip writes if necessary).

Adding the writer as a filter is an easy option!

JB