[Paraview] How to load a state file when connected to a server?

Guillaume Duclaux guillaume.duclaux at geo.uib.no
Tue Jan 20 07:52:38 EST 2015

Hi,

I’m running a pvserver and connect to it from my local client. I can easily open files stored on the server, but can’t seem to manage to load a state file from the server.

When I’m connected to the server, the “Load State…”  window is showing my local machine file system and not the server file system…

Am I missing something?

I’ve also tried using the Python shell - but had no success either:

> from paraviewSimple import *
> connection =  server manager.Connect(“server.name”,111111)
> LoadServer(“/home/gdu001/state.pvsm",connection)

ERROR: In /Users/kitware/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release-Python27/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/IO/XMLParser/vtkXMLParser.cxx, line 218
vtkPVXMLParser (0x7ff674477b30): Cannot open XML file: /home/gdu001/state.pvsm

Versions: Paraview 4.2.0 installed both locally (mac OS X, from 64-bit bundle) and on the server (redhead Linux, built from source). Running pvserver on the server.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Guillaume

Dr Guillaume Duclaux
Department of Earth Science