[Paraview] Problem loading a .pvd file in parallel into PV 4.3.1

Takuya OSHIMA oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Fri Feb 27 08:45:46 EST 2015

Hi,

I have a problem trying to load a .pvd file (containing a link to a
time-series of .pvtp datasets) into a parallel configuration of PV
4.3.1. The steps to reproduce my problem are:

Start multiple (say 4) pvservers in parallel
Start the ParaView GUI, connect to the server
Source - Sphere, Apply
File - Save Data...
  Choose ParaView Data Files(*.pvd) as Files of type
  Name the file as sphere.pvd, OK, OK
Delete Sphere1
File - Open...
  Choose sphere.pvd, OK, Apply

With the above steps a sphere source is created, saved, loaded back
and what I see should be a whole sphere. However, I only see a
fragment of the sphere which has been saved as piece 0 of sphere.pvd
(sphere/sphere_0_0.vtp). Moreover, when I load the underlying .pvtp
file (sphere/sphere_0.pvtp), I can see the whole sphere as expected. I
have the same problem with PV 4.2 as well, but not with 4.1.

My problem looks similar to
http://markmail.org/message/33hr6k45fgfd4w63
which reports a problem with .pvti files, but I am not sure if it is
identical.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Takuya OSHIMA, Ph.D.
Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University
8050 Ikarashi-Ninocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata, 950-2181, JAPAN