[Paraview] pvserver running out of memory

Jeff Becker jeffrey.c.becker at nasa.gov
Thu Feb 26 18:02:58 EST 2015

On 02/26/2015 02:27 PM, Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
> I, alas, have no issues opening this file with [1]. I even loaded all
> the variables/meshes :/. It is possible that the SILO library used to
> build the pvserver is causing the issue. Can you try one morething?
> Download the ParaView 4.3.1 binaries from [1] and run pvserver
> (without MPI) on the target machine instead of your pvserver. Does
> that work?

Yes it does! After selecting the file to open, my version runs out of
memory before it gets to the dialog box for selecting the file type
(since it doesn't know what kind of file I asked for- wrong extension),
so it's probably not SILO, but something else. I'm happy to try
rebuilding if you have suggestions. Thanks.

-jeff