[Paraview] Using custom data types in Paraview pipeline

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Feb 26 11:29:25 EST 2015

Yes possible.

There is some support in the code to add new data types, but the path is
kind of obscure (I'ld have to look too) because the need doesn't arise all
that often. The 5 main vtkDataSet types are pretty capable after all. A
recent example of a new data type to be added was vtkPistonDataObject. You
might grep that to see that path.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer