[Paraview] Loading whole time series in ParaView at once

ronald.fowler at stfc.ac.uk ronald.fowler at stfc.ac.uk
Fri Feb 13 09:42:34 EST 2015

I find that using ParaView in client server mode can make animations significantly faster. Even if the pvserver processes don't have access to graphics cards for rendering they can load the data and serve the geometry to the client faster than a single instance of ParaView can, if you have the memory and processors available.
If you do one full pass through the animation to load the data then subsequent passes are much quicker, at least in my experience on smallish problems.
I noticed that the gain from using multiple servers is only seen when using the distributed results, not the reconstructed case. Using the D3 filter on the reconstructed case might alter this, I haven't tried.

Regards,
Ron
[forgot to include paraview at paraview.org previously, thanks Armin]