[Paraview] Error cross-compiling Catalyst on BG/Q

Cook, Rich cook47 at llnl.gov
Thu Feb 12 17:33:46 EST 2015

Hello,
I have made a CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE which contains the following:

rcook at rzuseqlac2 (catalyst_backend_crossbuild ): cat ../backend_toolchain.cmake
#=====================================
set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME BlueGeneQ-dynamic)

set(TOOLCHAIN_LOCATION /bgsys/drivers/ppcfloor/gnu-linux/bin)
set(TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX powerpc64-bgq-linux-)

set(CMAKE_C_COMPILER       ${TOOLCHAIN_LOCATION}/${TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX}gcc)
set(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER     ${TOOLCHAIN_LOCATION}/${TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX}g++)
set(CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER ${TOOLCHAIN_LOCATION}/${TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX}gfortran)
#=====================================

When I try to use it to compile catalyst, I get an error which arises from a file in the Catalyst distribution and which I don’t understand.  Can someone ’splain it?  Thanks!

rcook at rzuseqlac2 (catalyst_backend_crossbuild ): /collab/usr/global/tools/Kitware/Catalyst/bgqos_0/base/cmake.sh  -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/collab/usr/global/tools/Kitware/Catalyst/bgqos_0/backend_toolchain.cmake  /collab/usr/global/tools/Kitware/Catalyst/bgqos_0/base
Not searching for unused variables given on the command line.
-- Check for working C compiler: /bgsys/drivers/ppcfloor/gnu-linux/bin/powerpc64-bgq-linux-gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /bgsys/drivers/ppcfloor/gnu-linux/bin/powerpc64-bgq-linux-gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /bgsys/drivers/ppcfloor/gnu-linux/bin/powerpc64-bgq-linux-g++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /bgsys/drivers/ppcfloor/gnu-linux/bin/powerpc64-bgq-linux-g++ -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- Found Git: /usr/bin/git (found version "1.7.1")
-- Determined Source Version : 4.3.1
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:94 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindParaViewCompileTools.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this
  project has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
  "ParaViewCompileTools", but CMake did not find one.

  Could not find a package configuration file provided by
  "ParaViewCompileTools" with any of the following names:

    ParaViewCompileToolsConfig.cmake
    paraviewcompiletools-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "ParaViewCompileTools" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH
  or set "ParaViewCompileTools_DIR" to a directory containing one of the
  above files.  If "ParaViewCompileTools" provides a separate development
  package or SDK, be sure it has been installed.

See also "/collab/usr/global/tools/Kitware/Catalyst/bgqos_0/catalyst_backend_crossbuild/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log”.

This is odd because if I do not use the toolchain file, Catalyst compiles fine
I’m attaching the log referenced, I don’t see anything in it that tips me off.

--
✐Richard Cook
✇ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory