[Paraview] User trying to build with catalyst -- need guidance

Cook, Rich cook47 at llnl.gov
Thu Feb 12 14:06:07 EST 2015

Thanks for your message.
I’ve poked around a bit.  I have built Catalyst successfully on “normal” Linux and our BG/Q machine front end nodes.  I’m ready to try a cross compile.  I came across this and was wondering if it seems right to you:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CmakeBlueGene

We have a build of cmake that includes some extra files I don’t really understand, provided for me by our local wizard Todd Gamblin.  How could I use these files to good effect?  :-)  It’s probably a dumb question, but I ask it to try to move in the right direction.

rcook at rzuseqlac2 (bgqos_0 ): cp cmake-3.0-bgq-experimental/share/cmake-3.0/Modules/Platform/BlueGene
BlueGeneL.cmake                      BlueGeneP-static-GNU-Fortran.cmake   BlueGeneQ-dynamic-XL-CXX.cmake
BlueGeneP-base.cmake                 BlueGeneP-static-XL-C.cmake          BlueGeneQ-dynamic-XL-Fortran.cmake
BlueGeneP-dynamic-GNU-C.cmake        BlueGeneP-static-XL-CXX.cmake        BlueGeneQ-dynamic.cmake
BlueGeneP-dynamic-GNU-CXX.cmake      BlueGeneP-static-XL-Fortran.cmake    BlueGeneQ-static-GNU-C.cmake
BlueGeneP-dynamic-GNU-Fortran.cmake  BlueGeneP-static.cmake               BlueGeneQ-static-GNU-CXX.cmake
BlueGeneP-dynamic-XL-C.cmake         BlueGeneQ-base.cmake                 BlueGeneQ-static-GNU-Fortran.cmake
BlueGeneP-dynamic-XL-CXX.cmake       BlueGeneQ-base.cmake~                BlueGeneQ-static-XL-C.cmake
BlueGeneP-dynamic-XL-Fortran.cmake   BlueGeneQ-dynamic-GNU-C.cmake        BlueGeneQ-static-XL-CXX.cmake
BlueGeneP-dynamic.cmake              BlueGeneQ-dynamic-GNU-CXX.cmake      BlueGeneQ-static-XL-Fortran.cmake
BlueGeneP-static-GNU-C.cmake         BlueGeneQ-dynamic-GNU-Fortran.cmake  BlueGeneQ-static.cmake
BlueGeneP-static-GNU-CXX.cmake       BlueGeneQ-dynamic-XL-C.cmake