[Paraview] Paraview enabled VR Plugin not interacting via VRPN

Hannah Klinac hfklinac at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 20:44:16 EST 2015

Hi Aashish,
Thanks for the prompt reply!
1) Yes it is a valid VRPN server, and the vrpn.cfg file is set up correctly. When I run vrpn_print_devices with "Mouse0 at localhost" as the argument I get correct button and analog feedback. I have read that in the VR Plugin, the address should be "<device>@<hostname/IP>", therefore Mouse0 at localhost should be correct.
2) I am unsure of what to do for the interaction in the VR Plugin, there doesn't seem to be a lot of options available, is there some sort of example configuration you could give me as a starter? I do not have access to a tracker, is interaction achievable without one?
Basically I just want to be able to move the camera, or interact with an object using devices through the VRPN. I am starting with the mouse (Mouse0) because I know it works on other applications and on the VRPN, so I am assuming the trouble I am having is with my Paraview configuration. After I have set up simple interaction with the mouse I will move onto other devices that VRPN supports, such as the 5DT Data Gloves. And an example of the interaction I want is to be able to turn the camera left when the mouse moves left, right when it moves right, forward, backward, and to be able to grab the object on click.
Thanks,Hannah