[Paraview] question about integrate function(for Schlieren image)

陈怡然 cyrcyr123 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 10:28:21 EST 2015

Dear Paraview group:

        I'm a student who use paraview for openfoam data.
        Now I'm dealing with a problem about 3D Schlieren image:
        For 2D Schlieren image, it's easy just to use a partial derivative for the density, for 3D however,
may need a integral function that integrate volume derivative data through one direction into a plane.

        I found that the 'volume rendering' does the similar job, but I need to accumulate the data by the direction
instead of accumulating the color. Also, I found a filter called 'integrate variables' yet I don't know how to use it or
whether it can integrate all the volume into a plane.
        Is there any kind of filter that I can use to get the results for the current version? or any suggestions on
how I should manage to custom this filter?

        I would be so pleased if I can have your reply.

Best wishes!

Yiran Chen
Center for Combustion Energy
Tsinghua Univerisity