[Paraview] Building paraview with piston -- enabling GPGPU support

Baker D.J. D.J.Baker at soton.ac.uk
Fri Dec 18 05:54:50 EST 2015

Hello,

I am trying to integrate GPGPU support in paraview v4.4.0. With that in mind I have enabled "PARAVIEW_USE_PISTON" in the cmake configurator, and downloaded the Piston source code. The software that I'm using is...

Paraview 4.4.0
Piston 0.4
Cuda toolkit 7.5.18

The make fails when compiling vtkPistonConverters.cu, and I cannot make any progress to resolve my issues. In addition to a load of warnings I see the following types of errors:

piston/choose_container.h(42): error: namespace "thrust::detail" has no member "default_device_space_tag"

VTK/Accelerators/Piston/vtkPistonConverters.cu(93): error: expected a type specifier (a couple)

VTK/Accelerators/Piston/vtkPistonConverters.cu(36): error: too few arguments for class template "piston::vtk_image3d" (several times)

I'm not a C/C++ programmer and so this is a show stopper for me. I've tried downloading the current VTK source, however that does not help. Could anyone please advise on the source of these errors or alternatively advise which combination of paraview/piston/cuda give a working solution.

Best regards,

David.