[Paraview] A little help with understanding how the pipeline works please

no name keinepostnurmuell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 07:50:03 EST 2015

Hello

I made a long pipeline to work through some of my files and I don't
understand what I am missing here, when writing the input for the
pipeline to a macro

from paraview.simple import *
inputfile = FindSource('FILE*')

# create a new 'Threshold'
threshold1 = Threshold(Input=inputfile)
threshold1.Scalars = ['POINTS', 'dataZ']
threshold1.ThresholdRange = [-0.98, 0.98]

This produces an empty object in the pipe (Information window, Number
of Cells: 0 and so on ...) under Paraview 4.4 on Win10 (x64). I can
then just click on the little eye icon to get values under
Information. I would not mind clicking that icon, but I need more
filters in my pipeline and they alle are empty after this one (or
maybe at all, the threshold is my first filter in a row of 25).

Thanks
Richard