[Paraview] smoothing isosurfaces on unstructured grids

Stefan Ringe stefan.ringe.tum at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 12:16:14 EDT 2015

Hi!

I am using unstructured grid files of format x y z f(x,y,z) (so 4
columns of data points) which I import as VTK particle data. I want to
plot a smooth isosurface. I already tried the Delaunay3d, but there are
2 main problems with it. 1. it seems to cut off hills of my surface and
create straigt lines to combine the top of the hills, so that in the end
it looks like there are really large areas on the surface spanning from
one hill to the other. 2. my function is also not that smooth so I would
like to smooth the result in the end. However the smooth filter is
greyed out, if I select my data file or the Delaunay3d input,

Stefan