[Paraview] Any suggestion for work environment to run Catalyst examples ???

u.utku.turuncoglu at be.itu.edu.tr u.utku.turuncoglu at be.itu.edu.tr
Thu Apr 30 14:29:38 EDT 2015

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your kindly help. I am little bit desperate about testing
Catalyst and i could not find detailed documentation about it. If i run it
without any error, i will share my experience along with step by step
guide as a reference for everyone.

Anyway, as i told before, i testes two different system (MacOS and Centos)
to make it run but i failed. As you suggest, i run the pvserver in
parallel mode (under Centos) using following command,

mpirun -np 2 pvserver --server-port=22222

and i opened Paraview (installed from source) and tried to connect to the
server. In this case, i am getting following error in server

ERROR: In /opt/progs/paraview-4.3.1/src/VTK/Common/System/vtkSocket.cxx,
line 572
vtkClientSocket (0x2ee2d90): Socket error in call to send. Broken pipe.

mpirun noticed that process rank 0 with PID 4557 on node epsilon-lnx
exited on signal 11 (Segmentation fault).

If i use prebuild version of Paraview, i could connect to server without
any error. Then, i also use Catalyst menu to connect to the server too.
After that i run the example code as follows,

mpirun -np 2 ./CFullExample2 SampleScripts/feslicescript.py

in this case, i modified the SampleScripts/feslicescript.py Python script

coprocessor.EnableLiveVisualization(True, 1)

to enable live visualization and i also change the port from 11111 to
22222. The server gives following error as before and exit

ERROR: In /opt/progs/paraview-4.3.1/src/VTK/Common/System/vtkSocket.cxx,
line 572
vtkClientSocket (0x26acd90): Socket error in call to send. Broken pipe.

but code is working and produce the output. Do you have any idea what is
going on there? I am open to any suggestion.

Regards,

--ufuk