[Paraview] Do Paraview support the parallel of ply file ?

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Fri Apr 17 02:07:47 EDT 2015

I have just a few days ago gotten to the same conclusion. Reading some large PLY files on our Cray nodes which only have 32Gb of memory, I would run out of memory and crash. Checking memory usage with the "Memory Inspector" will show that everything is loaded on rank 0.

Using the D3 filter works and is able to re-distribute the data among all tasks. I suggest you try D3.

Note also that ParaView is not able to animate through a time-dependent series of files, using the GUI. Never got any feedback on an earlier post (http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2015-January/032999.html).<http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2015-January/032999.html%29.> I resorted to some python programming to run the animation.

cheers