[Paraview] default_servers.pvsc question

Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY ARL (US) richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil
Mon Apr 13 08:19:01 EDT 2015

Burlen/Utkarsh —— my preferred solution is also to not set an environment
variable if possible.  For my particular issue, I’d much rather be able to
do a `which ssh` (or equivalent) to get the answer than than asking the
user to set an environment variable.

Implementing a python-based default_servers definition opens things up for
much more programmatic flexibility.

# take a guess at which ssh command to use

try:
	default_shell=os.popen("which ssh").read()
	default_shell=default_shell.rstrip("\r\n")
except:
	default_shell="/usr/krb5/bin/

Rick Angelini
USArmy Research Laboratory