[Paraview] Plotting Nek5000 output data

Insley, Joseph A. insley at anl.gov
Mon Sep 22 10:10:35 EDT 2014

Could this just be a matter of representation? From the images it looks like in VisIt you are using the pseudocolor filter, which is just a surface representation colored by some scalar field (x_velocity, it looks like).  In ParaView, you are applying the contour filter with a single value, and displaying the surface representation of that.  I can't tell from the snapshot, but I am guessing that the representation of the square_nek5000 data set is set to outline, or possibly wireframe.  If that is the case, try changing that to surface representation.  You may then need to change the colorby selection to be x_velocity, if that is the variable you are interested in.

Hope that helps,
joe