[Paraview] compiling ParaView v4.2.0-RC1-75-gf64ee7a with -DModule_vtkIOXdmf3:BOOL=ON

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Wed Sep 17 05:17:15 EDT 2014

thanks for the tip. I got the new reader compiled, but I am disappointed to see that it crashes immediately on my existing data (which can be read in parallel, with the old xdmf2 reader).

ERROR: In /apps/pilatus/ParaView/src/ParaView/VTK/Common/Core/vtkDataArrayTemplate.txx, line 148
vtkFloatArray (0x231e760): Unable to allocate 2790483579 elements of size 4 bytes.

I am usually reading with 64 MPI tasks and the xdmf2 reader works really well in parallel.
My grid  size is 313x897x3313 and I am reading a single vector field. The error message above indicates that the partitioning of the grid is not happening and that each MPI tasks is asking for the whole grid.

Determined Source Version : 4.2.0-RC1-75-gf64ee7a