[Paraview] seg.fault when reading VRML files twice

Shawn Waldon shawn.waldon at kitware.com
Fri Sep 5 09:37:06 EDT 2014

Hi Kazuyoshi,

I've tracked down the segfault, which results from a bug in the VTK VRML
importer class.  You will get the same thing if you delete a VRML Reader
and re-create it.  It will affect any current build of ParaView.  Fixing it
is going to require restructuring that class somewhat and will take a day
or two.  For now, just try to avoid this particular use case if possible
and I'll let you know as soon as it is fixed and merged into ParaView.

-Shawn