[Paraview] Shapefiles?

Vanmoer, Mark W mvanmoer at illinois.edu
Thu Oct 30 17:57:15 EDT 2014

Hi ParaView,

I found this thread: www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2012-December/027026.html<http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2012-December/027026.html> indicating vtkGDALVectorReader would be added to mainline ParaView, and I do see an option load DEMs, but are ESRI ShapeFiles supported? I can't get any .shp files to be recognized or load.

There's an earlier thread from 2011 discussing vtkgis_vector_reader, is that still the recommended ShapeFile loader?

Thanks,
Mark