[Paraview] Integrate over a volume - integrating over surfaces?

Welland, Michael J. mwelland at anl.gov
Thu Oct 30 14:14:43 EDT 2014

Hello,

When I try to apply the 'Integrate variable' over a 3D object I get a strange (wrong) answer. In my simulation results the integral even changes in time, while the variable does not. I tried a simple cube with a constant function value of '1' everywhere, for which the integral is apparently zero.

Am I missing something? I have had reasonable results in 2D, is there something with 3D I should be aware of?

Cube function (PVD /VTU) attached.

Thanks,
Mike