[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Re: Feature request - Need more detailed control of generating nodal quantities from element results

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Thu Oct 23 12:55:36 EDT 2014

Thanks Berk!

Alan

From: Berk Geveci [mailto:berk.geveci at kitware.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:06 AM
To: Scott, W Alan
Cc: paraview at paraview.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Paraview] Feature request - Need more detailed control of generating nodal quantities from element results

Hi Alan,

You are correct (although (1) is somewhat unclear - are we talking about Exodus files that have different element sets here?).

I would also recommend this document: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/images/7/78/VTK-Quadrature-Point-Design-Doc.pdf which explains the current integration (gauss) point support. It doesn't do what he wants but it's worth a read.

Best,
-berk