[Paraview] artifacts in image data volume rendering

Burlen Loring burlen.loring at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 11:01:13 EDT 2014

Hi, I'm encountering what look like process boundaries in image data
volume rendering. This is view dependent, only certain camera locations
reveal the issue. In examples below these are "horizontal line" like
artifacts. This data is large, and I have not been able to successfully
volume render after tetrahedralizing it. I'm not sure if it's just
insanely slow or there's a deadlock. My attempts have been up to 1024
procs with 8 per node (8 GB per proc), That's about the smallest I can
to get enough ram to do the terahedralization, about 50% of the ram is
used after the tetrahedralization.  Does anyone know if the fixed point
vr algorithm is parallel aware, would adding ghost zones to the image
data help??