[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] displaying simulation time rather than time step

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Thu Oct 9 07:12:21 EDT 2014

A similar question came up a few weeks ago and I posted this link
https://hpcforge.org/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pv-echam/pv-echam.git;a=blob;f=vtkJulianDayToTextConvertor.h;h=490320de30539ed88527ca79c53e2acc17264bf5;hb=HEAD
To a class which takes climate simulation time stamps and converts them from julian date to a string. This can then be viewed in the paraview gui as a time stamp with an arbitrary format – you can add the time as well as the date by some simple changes.

I have not used it myself for several years, but just copied the vtkJulianDayToTextConverter.* files and jdn.c into another plugin and tried them. Apart from one tweak because DATA/UPDATE_TIME_STEPS are now singular it compiled ok and is working as expected.

The class create a single text string in a 1x1 table and paraview displays this as an annotation.

HTH

JB