[Paraview] Threshold not working for unstructured grid

Aleksejs Fomins aleksejs.fomins at lspr.ch
Thu Oct 9 05:33:00 EDT 2014

Dear Paraview,

I am new to this list, so I would like to immediately apologise if my
style does not meet your standard.

I am learning to use Paraview, and I have problems using the threshold
filter. I have attached 2 .vtk files based on documentation examples to
explain my point

I use filters->common->threshold, then specify Scalars->cell_scalars
and choose range [1,3].

* For the "polydata.vtk" I observe some of the rectangles disappear as
expected. If I manipulate the range, I can get any one rectangle disappear.

* For the "unstructured.vtk" I see all but one triangle disappear, which
is unexpected. If I manipulate the range, either the tetrahedron
disappears altogether, or only one triangle is visible.

Could you please tell me what am I doing wrong?

Paraview Version 4.1.0 64-bit
QT Version 4.8.2
Linux debian 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.60-1+deb7u1 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thank you,
Aleksejs Fomins